Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Memory Lane

Old friends have been on my mind alot lately. Maybe it is because I am missing all those close friendships now that I am in new, uncharted territories with very few close friendships. Maybe it is just that chance (and Facebook) has reconnected me with some of those old friends. One of those reconnections was with Gordon Spivey, aka "G". G used to do band photos back in the day when I was into the whole Augusta Christian rock band scene, which was in the late nineties (has it really been 10 years?!). G did photos at least for Whistle for Fly, and I don't recall whether he ever did any for the Skadaddles. Anyhow, G hooked me up with some of those old photos. I laughed so hard I cried a little. Here they are.

P.S. From the looks of these pictures, we took ourselves way too seriously.

Notice the old Orwells Cafe T-Shirt Curtis is sporting. Awesome.

I am stylin' and profilin' in a Pinky and the Brain T-Shirt and my plaid wanna be converse.


Aren't we just so goth in this one? Or maybe we are supposed to be serial killers? Take your pick.


This might be my favorite. We look like the pound puppies.

4 comments:

Mina said...

lol! was it against the photographer's rules to smile or was that the image y'all were going for? :)

Dottie said...

I don't know for sure, but I think we thought at the time that smiling just wasn't cool. You know how it is when you are a teenager.

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Dottie was a teenage God-Rocker.. I love the way serious looks you all have, kinda hard too pull off with the Pinky and the Brain
T-shirt.

Mike L. said...

You are my favorite rock star and I have the picture on my wall to prove it!