Thursday, July 23, 2009

Funny Story

I work 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Monday through Friday as a legal assistant. Most of the time the job is pretty mundane I must confess. Some days the only person I see during my work day is the mailman. I answer phones, type, file, pay bills, mail letters, check my boss' email for him, shred paper, and various tasks that I find no fulfillment in, but. . . it pays the bills and for now. . . that is good enough. But today, I actually have a funny story from work! What a treat!

Phone rings.
Dottie: answers the phone with the normal intro for the office.
Lady calling: Are you a paraplegic?
Dottie: silent and bewildered. . . then realizes she means paralegal, but then still silent on how to respond without being insulting or condescending.
Lady calling: (after a few seconds of silence and realizing her own mistake) I mean a paralegal.

:) It made me laugh anyhow.

No comments: