Saturday, January 28, 2006

Walk Softly, Carry a Big Whip

Yes I am alive and well. Still no internet connection at work. Still stopping by my local internet cafe in attempts to keep up with emails, blogs, and all that jazz.

Sara has started carrying a large stick with her for crossing over the creepy bridges near our apartment. I'm not too far behind her, though I always envision myself carrying a whip.

I have made steps towards freeing up my schedule so I have more study time. So far, I am not quite out of leading a home group, but I will be in the next month (as soon as we can find someone else). And this week will be my last week on worship team for the main church services. I'm sticking with helping out with music for kids church and a once a month youth worship service. I'm proud of myself for actually admitting to myself and the rest of the world that I actually cannot do everything all at once.

My apartment is still great. We currently have two friends living with us until they get a new place. Their last place was infested with bugs.
We live across the street from a hospital, which is quite interesting. This morning I ate breakfast to the sounds of a woman howling as if she were being tortured to the brink of death. Here, if someone dies, there are mourners. These mourners don't just go to the funeral and look very sad as if their world can't go on without the recently departed. They stand out side of the deseased's house and/or hospital and wail and moan as loud as they possibly can. This shows that the person was loved. So anyways, I was inspired to contemplate my mortality as I munched away with my muesli and yogurt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, instead of contemplating my mortatlity, take my stick and beat the mourners

joking joking
the stick is for crossing the bridge of hell at night

hi mom

~sara

Anonymous said...

very funny sara. :)

Julie

Jen! said...

Congrats on JUST SAYING NO, Dottie! :)