Thursday, February 09, 2006

About Me

So here it is. Sorry it takes so long in between posts, but I don't have internet access at home and I stay so freakin' busy all day at work that it may literally take a week for me to have play time on the internet. Anyways, here are ten little known/odd facts about me (in no particular order).

1. Honey mustard is my favorite condiment, particularly the old Chick-fil-a dijon honey mustard (I was so pissed when they stopped carrying it). I can enjoy HM on any sandwich, french fries, potato chips, toast, veggies, and I have been known to eat it all by itself.

2. I fall asleep most nights by doing crossword puzzles.

3. When I was about three, I hallucinated there were spiders all over the floor for three days. I made my mom carry me everywhere and screamed bloody murder anytime she tried to put me down. This was the beginning of my arachniphobia (is that how you spell it?).

4. Most of the time, I feel like a big fraud and one day somebody will expose me.

5. One of my relaxation techniques is peeling potatoes or apples. I don't know why, but I find it to be really soothing.

6. I talk to myself . . . alot.

7. I am paranoid about being a wife and a mother. I have nightmares of marrying an abusive man or even just someone who makes me stay home, always thinks that his life is more important than mine, or expects me to have his hot dinner on the table at 6:30 every evening. I am afraid of pregnancy and that my husband won't want to touch me after having a baby. I am afraid of what pregnancy will to my body and my hormonal balance. I have visions of PMS moodiness for 9 months straight, followed by post-pardum depression. I am afraid that I will have a child and end up like that mom on Desperate Housewives who gets addicted to her kids ADD medicine. I think that I am mostly afraid of losing myself in the manic scramble to try and meet everyone's expectations 24/7.

8. I am not a vegetarian because I feel sorry for animals. If I could afford to eat organically fed cows and chickens, I would eat meat everyday of my life. But the idea of the awful stuff they feed animals makes me not want to eat them.

9. I am pretty much incapable of hiding how I feel. It may take awhile to learn how to read me, but once you know me well enough it is quite obvious whenever I am sad or upset about anything. I am a terrible at pretending I'm ok when I'm not.

10. If I could be any animal in the world, I believe I would like to be a chamelion. I could blend into my environment. No one would notice me. I could just observe everyone just being themselves, without trying to impress anyone.

11. I have to add an 11, forgive me. I think my mom has no clue who I am. She says things from time to time (somewhat frequently actually) and I just think "Do you have any idea who you are talking to? Why would you even suggest that?"

Ok, so that's my list. It was fun. Sara, Esther, and I did practice lists throughout the week. I came to find out, that maybe I am not so weird. Some of the things were very similar to things on my roommates lists. I'm ok with being strange, but it is nice to be surrounded by other strange people, who understand where you are coming from.

Next I tag Will.

3 comments:

HotMama said...

great list Dottie!

If you ever want to relax in the states. call me. I HATE peeling potatoes and that stops us from a lot of potatoe yumminess.

Spiders....Huh? Your funny!

Anonymous said...

Other weird things about dottie:

cant hold a grudge for an exended period of time (how weird is that)

one of only eight people who can carry off red eyeshadowin the world

cant say no but cant do a halfass job..(aka often stressed)

can dance on anything

needs daily hugs

laughs at everything (good to make people feel comfortable...bad when sleazy guys are hitting on you)
and there is so much more!

~sara

RedPita said...

Most of the time, I feel like a big fraud and one day somebody will expose me.

Oh Dottie. I feel like that all the time.

And, I am with Robin, come 'relax' in my kitchen darling. And why the hell didn't you tell me that when I was cooking at New Life?

hehe.. "can dance on anything". Too funny.