Saturday, February 04, 2006

Esther is Trouble

Everytime I am on the worship team at church, Esther always gets me in trouble. She used to always wink at me or make goofy faces at me while I'm up on stage. Now it's to the point that she doesn't even have to make a face, all I have to do is look at her and I start giggling. This week was particularly bad. The pastor is up on stage, I'm standing right behind him. He is about to serve communion. It is a very serious moment. He talks about the brutality of Jesus' death and how he laid his life down for us, etc. I catch a glimpse of Esther and I am up on stage in front of around about 600 people trying to not giggle. I bite my cheeks, clench my lips, and end up putting my hand over my mouth to hide the smirk spreading across my face. I am convinced Esther's super power is making people laugh for no reason at all.

No comments: