Sunday, August 03, 2008

No wonder I am exaughsted. . .

I finally sat down to calculate it out. I have been working 70 hour work weeks for the last six weeks. So that explains why I have turned into an old lady who goes to bed at 10 PM on Friday and Saturday nights. I am tired and I feel that I have earned it.

In other news, my roommate moved in about a week ago. She is great. We get along really well, as I knew we would. The poor girl is already freaking out about the work load and she is just one week into her Phd program. So she will probably be a hermit who has very little time for fun, but hopefully every now and again we will get to do some fun stuff together. At any rate, it is just nice to have someone to split the bills and someone to come home and share funny stories with.

Yesterday, I got to go to a baby shower for one of my college roommates. Normally, I don't really like baby showers, but I have to say that this one wasn't so bad. There was only one baby game and that was a word puzzle. I won of course because I do word puzzles almost every night before I go to bed to help me fall asleep. So I won a bag of chocolate (nice chocolate at that!). You can't beat that with a stick. After the game and the presents, Shannon (the mother-to-be) got to ask any questions on motherhood that she had and glean advice from all the experienced mothers in the room (which of course didn't include me). This portion of the party was both interesting and disgusting. It reminded me of how glad I am that I myself am not pregnant and not about to go through all of this weirdness. The shower was about an hour drive for me (in Wakeforest), so to make the trip a little more worthwhile I stayed after the shower for a bit to spend some time with my old roomie. I helped her with some set up for the baby's nursery and we had some good girl talk. Again, you can't beat that with a stick. All in all, I had a really great time.

I will have some time off of work in mid August and I will be going home. So for all you Augustans, I hope to see you while I am there. I'll be around from the evening of August 13th through the afternoon of August 17th.

1 comment:

My name is Dianna said...

def. put me on your tour this time...i am a little more back to my old really disorganized but some what normal being....but just a little...so don't get too excited...it won't be 80's night til 3AM,but it will be something, maybe a latenight coffee:)?