Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Conference

I just got back from the annual South East Regional Vineyard Worhip Leader's Conference. Wow. Just so much to process. I had a really good time of getting new ideas and refocusing and being inspired just by being around all these other artsy-fartsy creative types. I feel rejuvenated as a worship leader and as a church leader and as a Christian and as a human being in general (that's alot isn't it!).

So now I am left to the task of taking all this energy and momentum I got this weekend and putting into work in a practical and sustainable way. I am in the process of writing down all my action points. I may write a post more about this later, we'll see.
_________________

In other news, the pet sitting mania is starting to die down. I am grateful for this and also a little apprehensive. On one hand, my life has seemed to be spiraling out of control over the last month with all the busyness. There was about a week or two there where I was house sitting for five different people all at the same time. This on top of a full-time job and church responsibilities was just insane, literally more than I could possibly do. Thankfully, Rodger and Angela have picked up the slack for me on some of the church work this month, which helped me maintain some form of sanity. So all this to say that, time wise, I am glad to be down to two pet sitting jobs for the next two weeks and after that, I am down to my one regular dog walk during my lunch breaks.

But I must say that the extra income from all this work has been good. Really good. I am thrilled that I am actually able to save money and not just scrape by! So with pet sitting going down now that the summer vacation season is coming closer to an end, I do have my concerns about what this will mean financially, but c'est la vie. I will figure it out.
_____________________
The new roommate comes in about a week and a half!

Now that I am a not soooo busy with pet sitting. I am working on all the final touches of making my apartment roommate friendly and finding the last few furnishings for her room. The main things left to do are:
1. Find a dresser for her room.
2. Assemble the etagere (sp?) for the bathroom. It is a fairly small bathroom and we girls need all the useable bathroom space we can get!
3. Figure out a good shelf arrangement for the kitchen. There sould be plenty of space in the kitchen for the two of us, I just need to rearrange all my junk to give her some space.
4. Rearrange the living room (again). I recently acquired an entertainment center (for free!), so now I just need to figure out how to make my furniture all work together.
5. Get all my junk out of the closets in the extra room and find new "homes" for it all. There should be plenty of space for everything. I just need to work it all out.

So these are my jobs for this Saturday, primarily. I may find some time to get some of these things accomplished in the evening when I get home from work, but usually I am not capable of much mental activity at the end of the work day. So trying to follow the instructions to assemble my etagere is just completely out of the question until Saturday rolls around.

No comments: