Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Fourth, The Rain, The Change of Plans, The Cheesecake

Independence Day came and went without any fireworks for me this year. It rained cats and dogs on the evening of the fourth here in my little corner of North Carolina. But it was a good time nonetheless. (1) Day off from the law office, (2) time to read and catch some sun by the pool, (3) no pet sitting catastrophies, (4) cook out at Brendan andVicki's, and (5) playing Rumikub.

Saturday I had afternoon plans to meet up with a friend to go with him to do some shopping he needed to do and also to go to Duke Gardens. We had lunch and hit the shopping mall. While at the mall, it started raining cats and dogs again. So we did what seemed the best, most reasonable option given the circumstances. We decided to skip on our plans for Duke Gardens and go to the Cheesecake Factory instead. Mmmmmmm, cheesecake. It was the first time I had ever been to the Cheesecake Factory. I got the Dutch Apple Cheesecake and a latte. It was delicious, but now I feel the need to go out and run, run, run. I have been too spoiled these last two weeks with all these wonderful desserts. I think it is time to cut back on the amount of dessert I'm eating and up the amount of time I spend exercising!

1 comment:

patrick | steed said...

RUMMIKUB!!!!!!!!!