Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Lossing Motivation

Does anybody know a cure for loss of motivation? I feel like I am going through one of those little phases where you only have enough motivation to get the bare minimum done. I don't really like that.

Anyhow, just to let you all know, my dinner at Elaine's was very nice. The atmosphere in the restuarant was nice, not the best I have ever seen, but very nice nonetheless. The entree was really good. I got the Alaskan halibut and I can highly recommend that. My date ordered the wine, so I'm not sure what he ordered, but it I do know it was a cabernet sauvignon and it was good. Neither of us ordered a starter so I cannot comment on that. But dessert. . . now I will rave about the dessert, but I must make a comment on the prices before I go on to the dessert. The meal was good, but overpriced. I was able to thoroughly enjoy every bite, knowing that I was not paying for the meal. But when I added it all up in my head after the fact, for 2 entrees, 2 glasses of wine, 2 desserts, taxes, and tip. . . I am certain that more than $100.00 was spent on our meal. If it was me paying, I would not have felt the meal was that good, with one important exception. . . dessert. I had Elaine's warm chocolate cake. . . it was absolutely heaven on earth. It far exceeded its dollar value. In fact, after one bite of it, if you asked me what I would pay for it. . . I may have said something along the lines of my right hand, my first born child, or my very soul (just kidding, but I am making the point that it really was the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten in my life). So if and when I go back to Elaine's I may stick to a starter, a glass of water, and chocolate cake!

Also, my visit with my sister was good. Lots of girl talk and lying out by the pool. It was fabulous. We had a good time at the show we went to last Thursday night. Me Without You was headlining and they were great. Mary and I missed the first band entirely because we came late, but we caught most of the second band and I really enjoyed them as well. The second band was Maps and Atlases. I enjoyed them at the show and now a friend is letting me borrow their cd and I am enjoying them even more. In concert, they sounded to me like Dave Matthews meets Modest Mouse, but on cd it sounds to me more like Phillip Glass meets Modest Mouse. Anyhow, there is some definite Modest Mouse vibe in there. And I like it. I would not yet say that I love it, but definitely like with the potential to grow into love, given enough time :)

This week is quite busy work wise. I have regular hours Mon-Thursday at the law office (Friday off for the Fourth of July!). But in the evenings and mornings and lunch breaks I am house sitting and dog walking for four different people. And on top of that, the usual church stuff. Which brings me back to the beginning of this post. . . I need to stay motivated! How do I get my motivation back?!

1 comment:

My name is Dianna said...

sounds like elaine's chocolate cake could serve as motivation, you just need to order a slice of cake to go...skip the meal, tip and pick up some milk on the way home.