Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is my birthday. I am now 28. I feel neutral about this, but I have noticed that people over this last year or two are starting to say things to me like "well, that's just aging for you" or "I guess we aren't as young as we used to be", and I must say I find these comments highly annoying. I can say things like this about myself from time to time, but it is kind of insulting when other people say them to you. Alright, enough ranting on the getting older comments. . .

This birthday will, of course, be fun. My little sister is coming into town today. I'll get to see her when I get off work! This evening a bunch of people are coming over to my place to play volleyball and grill out. This will be mostly church people, but maybe one or two other friends outside of church.

After V-ball and dinner, Mary and I will go see Me Without You (Mary's favorite band) at the Cat's Cradle. I will stay out way too late and when we get home we will smoke cigars and drink beer until the wee hours of the morning. The next morning I will go to work and probably be a zombie (because "I'm not as young as I used to be").

Tomorrow evening, I am very much looking forward to a friend treating me to dinner at a very nice restaurant and wearing the cute sundress I bought a few weeks ago. Then we will watch a movie at my place and there is a high possibility I will be so tired that I may fall asleep during the film, but I will do my best to stay awake (especially because we will be watching Juno and I have been wanting to see this movie for ages!).

And that, my friends, is how you turn 28. That is all ;)

1 comment:

My name is Dianna said...

hate i missed it! really, i don't know how i did it is on my calendar and yet i goofed!
so we will make cupcakes in your honor sing happy birthday to dottie-wottie-stinky-poo-poo and i will let the girls blow out candles, then I will blast some early Madonna, The Cure, Duran Duran, while we dance spastic-ly through the house....then, i will put the girls to bed, drink a beer and fall into a heap and pry my eyes open long enough to change a diaper and nurse a baby and tuck myself in till morning (well like 2,3 or 4AM when owen wakes me back up) and say 'man, being 28 is exhausting' and i'll be a zombie the next day but i'll be grateful i was able to celebrate your big day after your big day so far away...and i'll be sad cause you weren't so near:)
i am starting to sound like dr. suess...i'd better quit.

love you and i hope your birthday rocked!