Monday, June 02, 2008

Wining, Dining, Over the Rhining

My wonderful weekend/Monday in a nutshell. . .

Friday -
Work = boring, boring, boring.
Dinner with my new friend at Mediterranean Deli = yummy.
Painting pottery at Paint the Earth (a shop on Franklin Street), also with my new friend = good times. But we couldn't finish our artwork before the shop closed on Friday night, so we had round two on Saturday afternoon. Our masterpieces will be fired this week and ready for pick-up on Friday.
Beer at Goodfellows, also with new friend = good conversation and good people watching.

Saturday -
Consultation for a new pet sitting client = another job for this coming weekend. Yay for money coming in!
Visit with Rodger and Angela while I was in their neighborhood = a little catch up time with my closest friends in Chapel Hill.
Lunch and Round Two of Pottery Painting = masterpieces completed and more hang out time with the funniest German philosopher I know.
Esther arrives = extreme jubilation for me.
Esther and I see Sex in the City = the movie was just like the show. We were pleased. Why mess with perfection?

Sunday -
Icecream in Hillsborough = yummmmm.
Church = good stuff.
Over the Rhine Concert = the opening act was so good that one of her songs made me cry. OTR was wonderful as always. They did two encores. I could have died a happy woman that night.
Chocolate Chip Cookies = yumm, but I think I gained three pounds this weekend.

Monday -
Work at Law Office = boring.
Pet Sitting Job on Lunch Break = I almost got attacked by a dog. Yikes!
Spaghetti and Wine for Dinner = good food and good wine with Esther while she is still in town.
Bella = great movie. I highly recommend it. Seriously, stop reading this blog and go get that movie.
Cigars on the Volleyball Court = enjoyment of cigars with one of my only cigar-smoking girl friends.

1 comment:

My name is Dianna said...

totally jealous! but i am glad you have found a new friend!