Friday, June 20, 2008

The Roommate: Season 1, Episode 2

I have narrowed the twenty down to three. Of course, I have saved the info on all of them, just in case it does not work out with one of my top three for one reason or another. All three of these girls seem like our personalities would be compatible and that they would be completely capable of paying their portion of the rent (which is kind of important) and all of their references had beaming reports on how wonderful this person is as a roommate. Here is a little about my top three in no particular order. . .

1. A 27 y/o girl from India. She is coming to Chapel Hill to do a doctorate in Economics. She likes hiking and to watch movies and she even made a "Friends" reference in one of her emails, which really got her in good with me :). The perks with her: (1) she said she would show me how to cook indian food, (2) I get to experience a little bit of a different culture without having to pay a plane ticket, and (3) if I ever get to go to India I might just have a place to stay.

2. A 24 y/o girl from Indianna. She is coming to study Physical Therapy at UNC. The perks with this one: (1) she has her own car (I mention this because several of the applicants did not have cars, which shouldn't really make a difference for me, but I am a little worried that no car means that they will be asking me for rides on a regular basis and I already get enough of that from people I don't live with) and (2) she has a great sense of fashion and decorating (so her former roommate says).

3. A 26 y/o girl from NY orginally, but living in Greenville, NC currently. She will be studying psychology at UNC. The perks with this one: (1) she also has a car and (2) I actually get to meet this one before I ask her to move in with me (the other two are so long distance that I just have to communicate through email and phone). This one is coming to meet me and see the apartment on Monday evening.

No comments: