Thursday, September 04, 2008

Mountains and Milestones

Mountains. . .

It's official, this whole working three jobs thing is killing me. 76 hours of work per week lately and I am dying. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't love my job as worship leader, like my job as a pet sitter, and sufficiently tolerate my job as a legal assistant. Also, I wouldn't say that any of my jobs are exactly high-stress jobs. It is just too much. I have next to no time for myself and I constantly feel like there are things I want to do as a worship leader that I just don't have the time and energy to do at the end of the day. I even find myself allowing things to happen in my life that I don't want and I know are no good for me, just simply because I am too tired to fight these things. . . does that make any sense?

Anyhow, I have no solutions yet, just needed to vent. Of course there are the obvious answers. . . don't work so much, cut back hours, learn how to say no once in awhile, and even quit the pet sitting job. But that opens a new can of problems. . . money. Sigh. This feels like a never-ending battle.
________________________________________

Milestones. . .

This Sunday Greenleaf is officially one year old! My one year mark of being in North Carolina is not until October, but Greenleaf had its first official meeting this time one year ago. It is an amazing accomplishment and I am so pleased that I got to be a part of this. Read Rodger's blog. I ditto his sentiments.

In our first year we have seen several people from many different backgrounds and walks of life come to be a part of this little family. We are blessed to have each other. I would feel so lost if it weren't for my church family. The older I get, the more I realize how much people need community. We encourage each other, correct each other, and point each other to God's love. It is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In that case, you should change your blog name to Life in Fast Motion. Teehee . . . I think it's time for lawyer-bossman to give you a raise, so you can pet sit less. ;)
Angela
Otero