Monday, November 28, 2005

Follow Up

I spoke to the appropriate person to have the aforementioned situation taken care of. As it turns out, I am not the first woman who has come and complained about him. Am I suprised? No. One problem of being an unattached western woman is that men not only think you are easy, but you are not even a person. You are money and you are a passport. You are their potential ticket to the promised land. The land where they have a shot, or so they think, at a prosperous, successful life. And if the ticket is bought with dishonesty, so be it. So be it, even if it means the two of you are married and you don't even really like each other. You barely speak the same language? Doesn't matter. You don't understand each other because of cultural gaps? Doesn't matter. Why doesn't it mater? Easy, because you don't matter. They don't give a shit whether you live or die, whether you are miserable or happy. You don't matter. Ok. I'll stop ranting like a crazy person, but it just really ticks me off.
By the way, I asked this girl in my class about her dreams. The only dream she could remember having was one where she never got to watch Shrek 2 again, and needless to say it was very traumatic. I asked her if she ever talked to Mr. __________ about this dream or any other. She looked at me blankly and said no. So not lonly is he pathetic, he is a bad liar. If he had said he had the dream or somebody else who was harder for me to check with, maybe he could be given some benefit of the doubt. Maybe I wouldn't have been able to prove whether it was true or false.

2 comments:

Tater said...

Me thinks you should avoid him... You might have to tell him to piss off in the process, would do it in public as he'll be FAR to embarrassed to make a scene. Would be a big insult into his Arab "Manly Man" ideology.

Knew several female westerners (half dozen or so) that dated Arabs over there, never worked out too well, especially for the gals. I'd think twice before going down that road...

Later
Tater

Dottie said...

Well he's not an Arab. He's African. I avoid him as much as possible, but for the moment we are both involved in the same organization and I have to deal with him to some extent. But no worries. I've let people know about the situation and it will be taken care of in some way or another.