Friday, November 04, 2005

Spinsterhood. . . not yet

Well, I am officially going out on the town two nights in a row. Maybe spinsterhood has not grabbed hold of me just yet. But I am a big dork. I'm going to see the same band two nights in a row. The last time I did that was for the Dempseys. Oh the Dempseys. Sigh. It was love. That is the one CD that didn't end up with me in Cairo that I literally pine for. Ok that and the choral performance of John Rutter's Requiem.

Anyhow, the latest here is that my precious vacation time is almost over. So the downside of that is that I will soon feel swamped with work again. By the time I have my Christmas break, I will again feel like a teacher zombie who has no life outside of the classroom. It will take me a week to get over all the exhaustion, and leave me two weeks of fun and relaxation. The upside of it is that I will be busy enough to not have time to think about home all that much. So I won't feel so damn homesick like I have for the past three or so days.

No comments: