Thursday, February 07, 2008

7 Oddities

At the inspiration of Amie and Dianna, I am posting seven of my quirky charactersitics/tendencies.

1. I talk to myself out loud and I do it all the time. At my house, at work, in the car. I'm sure other drivers, past roommates, and co-workers think I am mental. What am I talking to myself about? Usually I am rehearsing difficult conversations I think I might have to have in the forseeable future, unless I'm at work. When I'm at work and talking to myself, I am usually trying to keep myself focused on the task at hand. I know it's wierd that I have to rehearse conversations, but I HATE conflict and whenever I get in one of those tough conversations I freeze up and can't handle it. So I practice ahead of time to avoid/lessen the whole freezing up scenario.

2. I will eat honey mustard on damn near everything.

3. I have a strong dislike for banana flavored food products. I like bananas themselves quite a lot, but anything banana flavored is just yuck to me. I don't get it, but it is what it is.

4. I don't think it's clausterphobia, but I do have some kind of phobia involving being in a large crowd of people and not having enough personal space. I've never had a full on panic attack, but I will get really flustered and can't quite breathe right when I find myself in such a situation. This is why at church I always sit in either the front row or on an aisle seat if it is at all possible.

5. I can't stand it when people say "don't take it personally". I know a lot of times when people say this they are trying to make things better or soften a blow of some sort. But to me, it just seems like a cop out and a rediculous one at that. Please tell me what in our interactions with other human beings is not personal because, to me, it is all personal.

6. With me, flattery will get you anywhere almost. Keep stroking my ego, and we will get along juuuuust fine. ;)

7. I can swallow pills without washing them down with anything, even the really big ones.

I think the rules are that I am supposed to tag some people and they have to do the same post on their blog. I am a rule breaker like Dianna. If you want to do the post, great. If not, great.

4 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

we have now formulated our new club! rule breakers anon! we rock, oh yeah...
#1. you must be a movie star, i thought this only happened in the movies
#2 gross, just saying
#3 amen, sister
#4 'cept you can never get too close and personal at '80's night!
#5 totally with you!
#6 did i ever tell you how incredible you are? i mean you are so talented!
#7 i am impressed!

Dottie said...

True that on your response to #4. Maybe 80s music is the antedote to my phobia. In the fututre when I find myself in a situation without any personal space, I'll try singing some 80s tunes and see if it helps :)

My name is Dianna said...

if you can come home the weekend of march 14-16, julianna is going to be an oompa loompa in aug. players production of willy wonka:)...

Dottie said...

I'd love to be there and I will try to make it happen, but no promises right now. My budget has been extremely tight during this transition period and I don't know if I'll be able to spare the gas money to come home.