Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Really Great Weekend

Me and Dan In One of the Tarheel Shops on Franklin Street
_________________________________________________
This weekend was one of the best since I've come to Chapel Hill. A couple of weeks ago I discovered that one of my college roommates is living in Raleigh and is only about 45 minutes away from where I live. So we made arrangements to meet halfway for dinner on Saturday night. It was so great to see her again and catch up on life. It is also so great to know that I have a really good friend who is within a reasonable driving distance from my home .
______
On Friday my former boss from Augusta called to say that he was coming to Chapel Hill on Sunday with his parents and his son (who was my guitar student) for the Carolina/Clemson game. As it turned out, I only had a short visit of about 45 minutes with them. But still, it is always so nice to see some familiar friendly faces and get a few hugs and words of encouragement where you can.
______
All in all, it was a great weekend. I have high hopes for next weekend as well, since my good friend Shelley and her daughters will be coming to stay at my humble abode for a couple of nights.
______
I don't know why or how to fix it, but the date on this post is wrong. It should be Monday, February 11.


2 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

yay! i can send some stuff up with her:)

Dottie said...

please do! She is coming up on Sunday morning, so try and meet up with her before that time. Do you need her number or do you have it already?