Friday, May 09, 2008

Has It Really Been Three Weeks?

I think that is a record for not blogging for me. Sheesh.

My excuse. I only have a computer at work. So all personal computer/internet related matters have to be done either on my lunch break or before my workday begins. To be honest, I sit for eight hours of my day looking at a computer screen, so by the time lunch comes around I am ready to not be looking at the screen. And showing up early to work sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. All this to say that I haven't found the time for blogging recently. I miss it. I do manage to read other blogs from time to time, so at least I am able to stay current with what everybody else is up to (provided that they aren't blogging slackers like me).

Life in NC is generally good. No significant complaints here. The weather is nice. My job at the law office is going well. My job as a pet sitter/dog walker is going pretty well. Greenleaf is also going pretty well. My budget is going fairly well also. Things I am looking forward to:
1. The swimming pool at my apartment complex opening later this month!!!! Woo Hoo!!!
2. Going to visit Sara and Esther later this month!!!!
3. Going home to Augusta at the very end of the month!!!!!
4. Over the Rhine coming to Carrboro at the beginning of June!!!!
5. Esther coming to visit me at the beginning of June!!!!!
6. Possibly going to Charleston in June to meet up with Mary and Alice! (if my finances permit it).

Other updates are:
1. I am gradually getting more and more furniture. My livingroom really looks like a livingroom now! There are a few more things I would like for my livingroom, but it really is getting there. Other rooms in the apartment are still decidedly lacking in furniture, but still it's getting there. My most recent furniture addition was a sleeper sofa for my extra room. Now when company visits, they actually have a bed of sorts. Sweet.
2. Alot of babies have been born lately, the most recent addition, as far as my friends go, is Owen Lindsey. He was just born yesterday, and he is teeeeninsy. He was born at only 4 lbs and 7oz. (I think). But he is healthy, just itty bitty.
3. Working for a divorce attorney is really getting to me. I am starting to beleive that marriages just don't work. That is not good, but it's how it seems sometimes.
4. I can't think of anything else.

Well, here's hoping I have more excitement in my life soon, so that I'll have something to write about!

No comments: