Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day/Weekend

Well, I am back to the NC after a great weekend in good old GA. The weekend was sooooo great. Family, friends, and a housewarming party. Who could ask for anything more? There were a few friends I either didn't get to see at all or barely saw at all that I really would have liked to do some catching up with, but it is hard to find time for all your family and many of the friends you made over the course of about 15 years of living in that city. Sigh. But like I said, the time I had with the people I did get to see was great.

My older sister threw me a housewarming party, which was so nice. I got lots of little odds and ends I have been needing/wanting for my place (lamps, sheets, towels, candles, etc.)

Also, back when my little sister and I lived together, my parents gave her and I a TV for Christmas. When we moved out of that house and were no longer living together, I let her have the TV because I'm just not that much of a TV person. But now, she has another TV and gave me ours, which was great because the TV I was using was a tinsy 10" screen and ours is significantly larger (don't know the exact measurement though. So last night I hooked it up and discovered that for some reason this TV picks up way more stations than my little 10" did. With the 10" TV I was picking up about 13 stations consistantly and occasionally I could pick up 2 or 3 extra stations, but with my bigger TV I am picking up like 90 stations! I don't know the hows and whys on all of that, but. . . whatever. Now I still don't like the idea of becoming a TV junkie, but these days my social calendar is not what it used to be and I have to admit that I am turning to the tube a little more regularly. Am I glad about this? Not really. But it is what it is, and at least it's free (well not really, I'm sure the charge is included in my rent but I don't really have a choice about taking that out). Ok, enough rambling about a stupid TV :)

This week/weekend I am looking forward to a handful of events:
(1) A cook out and volleyball with church friends at my apartment on Thursday.
(2) Going to dinner and a paint-your-own-pottery place in Chapel Hill with a new friend on Friday.
(3) Esther coming to visit on Saturday!
(4) The new Sex in the City movie coming out! (I have to admit that Sex in the City is one of my guilty pleasures)
(5) Over the Rhine concert on Sunday night! (I would like to add that I could literally walk to this concert from my apartment. Have I mentioned that I love living in Carrboro?)

So at least my social calendar this week is up enough that I won't be resorting to the TV too much!

No comments: