Friday, May 16, 2008

My Downstairs Neighbor's Friends are a Little Scary

In general I really like my apartment complex. Sure, I had a rocky time at first with the apartment management not really being very responsive or helpful, and the guys I moved in after left the place looking like a train wreck. But after those initial annoyances, I had not one complaint. I haven't had overly noisy neighbors or an unreasonable gas bill to deal with, and since I have actually moved in the apartment management has actually been very helpful and freindly (I think it was just the one girl, who was incharge of taking care of my lease, who was not really doing her job). So on the whole, I would say my living experience there has been a good one thus far; however, I did have quite a shocker last Saturday.

I was out running around doing various and sundry tasks that one must do on a Saturday. I realized that I left something at my apartment that I needed, so I went back to my complex. I always listen to music in the car and sometimes when I get out I am still humming the last song I heard. So I hop out of my car humming away and jog up the first flight of stairs (I am on the third floor), but at the second floor a man who doesn't seem to speak english is shushing me. I was a little suprised and slightly offended and asked him why. He doesn't say anything, but points to his other hand which is holding a snake by the head!!!! So I just stood there in a mix of horror and shock and curiousity for about 30 seconds before I realized that I needed to just go up to my apartment and pray that the strange snake handler would leave and take his snake with him.

What was this guy doing? He was just standing outside of my downstairs neighbors apartment knocking on his door. Was he trying to suprise my neighbor? Did my neighbor lose his pet snake and this guy found it? Did my neighbors pet snake die and this guy found a replacement for him? The possibilities are endless. I just hope that it isn't a reoccuring incident!

No comments: