Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Living For the Weekend

My next two weekends are going to be fan-freaking-tastic. This weekend I am going on a whirlwind trip to D.C. to visit with Sara and Esther K and still make it back to North Carolina in time for church on Sunday evening. There will be dancing and catching up and (as always with the me and the Kauffman girls) lots of giggling and acting like middle schoolers. I cannot wait.

Next weekend I am going home to GA for a nice long weekend (thanks to Memorial Day!). Hallelujah. I miss my mom so bad. I miss everybody else there alot too, but I'm really, really missing my mom. I haven't been home since Christmas and it has been hard. Luckily several people have come up to visit me. All of my family, except my brother and his crew, have come up to visit at some point. My friend Shelley came to visit me twice (she gets a gold star)! Alice, Esther, and Dan have all had at least a brief visit with me as well.

I get lonely sometimes living here with my family so far away and most of my close freinds scattered across the ends of the earth. But I will say that I am getting more accustomed to all the alone time. I am getting used to my social life being a little less eventful. I am growing to absolutely love having an apartment sans roommates. I learn alot about how I like things for myself when I don't have to worry about pleasing or accommodating anyone else. It's interesting. For example, I never realized how much I prefer organization over chaos or even organized chaos, until now that I have my own space that I get to keep just how I like it. Now I am not entirely anal about it, but I have to admit that maybe I am just the tinsiest bit anal about it. :)

Alright, enough rambling about whether or not I'm anal. I'll try to post again next week after my certain-to-be-fabulous weekend with the Kauffman's. Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

My name is Dianna said...

hey dottie, i am home with owen. he is perfect! love you and miss you! it has been a long 5 weeks of hospital-ing and incubating and blessings and miracles. i can't wait for you to meet him! love you bunches!