Wednesday, March 29, 2006

After 4 hours in a coffee shop. . .

Last night I left my cell group early and went to Costa Coffee to do some studying/writing for my certification (and to avoid the latest creepy, weird guy in my life). Esther was going to meet me there after her cell group, but I was there on my own for about 2 1/2 hours. I got work done for the certification, and after I reached the goal for my studying I put the school work down and wrote some poetry. I got three poems to a rough draft stage. I am now inspired to by a nice notebook/scrapbook and put in pictures of Egypt as well as poems and songs written from my Egypt experience.
Here's one that is the closest to being done.

When Goodbye is Easy
When goodbye is easy, we didn't talk much
Our laughter and tears were never real (as such).
When goodbye is easy, we donned fake smiles,
Then forced the conversation for awhile.
When goodbye is easy, we seldom took the time
To make a call or drop a line.
When goodbye is easy, the truth wore a mask,
Protecting facades made the gap vast.
When goodbye is easy there was so much we never knew.
When goodbye is easy, it's not with you.

2 comments:

WoundedHealer said...

Hey Dottie. Great poem:) I would be glad to fly over and deal with the creepy guy if you need it:) Why do they turn up at small groups?

Pete

Anonymous said...

I thing your Egypt experience gives you nice and warm feelings these feelings helped you to create this poem (when good bye is easy) it's perfect title for this poem. So, you said above you wrote 3 poems and you published just 1 where they are ……? because I like your writings. You are TALENT girl. Listen! If you write book I will be the first one buy it …….Be sure LoL ---IF MY COMMENT ANNOYING YOU TELL ME THEN I WILL STOP.

Go on