Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

For those of you who have forgotten the true meaning of St. Patty's Day, one of my students can give you a reminder of what it's really all about.
Me: Do any of you remember why people celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
Student: Yes, because St. Patrick was the very first mercenary to be sent to Ireland.

I went yesterday to see The Pink Panther. Steve Martin is hilarious. I loved it, but I felt like I am somehow becoming my dad. He would totally love that movie.

My roommate Sara moves back to the states in a week. I confess I will feel a little lost here without her. This may sound strange to say about Sara because she is one very emotional person, but she is like a rock for me here in Egypt. I can always count on her for support, for a laugh, for sympathy, for anything. I'm gonna miss her like crazy. Fortunately, this is not a permanent good-bye. We are like family, it will take alot more than moving to CA for her to escape me.

No comments: