Wednesday, March 29, 2006

News and a Quote

The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them. (George Bernard Shaw)

The news is that I just got invited to my very first ever ball!! I know this makes me look completely retarded, but I am really excited. One of my co-workers got two free tickets to some ball (I don't even know what it's being held for, nor do I really care) and she invited me to go with her. So now I have to find a dress. This is the hard part. I hate to fork out the money for a nice dress, but do I know anyone I could borrow a dress from. . . no. Whatever, it will all fall into place.

3 comments:

RedPita said...

oh my god.

a ball!

this of course leads me straight too you showing up in a gorgeous gown (its very fluffy) and meeting a prince of some sort. you fall in love, but stand back from one another while you focus on your music and him on how he will run his country (and if he wants all that responsibility anyhow). years later, you end up with a hit record (or 5) and are scheduled to play in his capital. he shows up (of course) your eyes lock from across the stadium.

the next thing you know you are married and the new Grace Kelly.

the Grace Kelly of the music world.

and oh.

you have to wear a fluffy dress for this to work at all ..

Anonymous said...

oh!!!!!! i'm so excited for you! take lots of pictures! i bet you are going to have a blast!

Dottie said...

Well, the borrowing clothes from others plan may just work and I won't have to spend ungodly amounts of money on a dress I would wear once. So far I have a very nice, long, black, velvety skirt and three possibilities for tops. One I have to try on yet to see if it works, one will cost me about $45, and one I already own but it leaves me wearing all black and looking a bit like I belong in a Halloween movie (but maybe if I can dress it up with some ribbons, scarves, jewelry, etc. it won't look so morbid). We shall see. I am so freakin' excited.