Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Good Time Was Had By All

Last night I went to my first ever ball and. . . I had a ball. Basically the whole thing was fun, fun, fun. I went earlier in the day with three other ladies, who were going as well, to get manicures, pedicures, hair done, eyebrows done, etc. So that sort of thing is always a treat. Chelsie and I went to this military ball with three couples that go to our church. It was good to spend time with them. Most of them I had seen, but never really talked to much. So getting to know new people is nice. At the ball we ate good food, danced, and enjoyed the open bar. Chelsie and I were there until some ungodly hour (basically until they signalled everyone to leave by turning the lights on). We flirted with some marines and made the most of this night where we seemed to escape Egypt and some of the cultural restrictions for a short while. Chelsie is emailing me some pictures soom and they will be posted.

Rita, unfortunately my dress was not very poofy so I spoiled the whole meeting Prince Charming idea. But I did meet two marines from GA and we had a good time dancing and feeling very southern in each others company.

No comments: