Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Conference, the Reminders

I don't have much new to write about. I went to a conference in Marietta over the weekend and it was great. I could talk forever about this conference and the things that happened, but I would sound a little crazy and it might not make sense to anyone but me. . . so I'm not going there. But I will say that I got to stay with a very old buddy of mine, April, and her husband, Conrad. She used to be my youth pastor way back when and she now lives in Marietta. It was so great to catch up with her and so many others that I hadn't seen for years.
Tonight I went to a songwriters guild that my church is doing. It is very cool. A great idea.
Later this week I will be playing a little here and there. On Wednesday, I am playing at the Blue Horse Music Hall for their open mic (and I'm a little nervous). Then on Thursday night I will be going back to the Fox's Lair to play at their open mic so that their booking person can hear me play. Wednesday's event starts at 8:00pm and costs $5 to get in. The down side of this is that I only play two songs. The upside of this is that you get to hear lots of other people from the area play a bit and you might hear somebody you really like. Thursday's event starts at 7:30 (I think) and is free. This upside of this is that (1)it's free and (2)I get to play however many songs I feel like playing. The downside of this is that I won't be able to get down there until around 10:00pm because I have training for my job until 9:30pm. So if you go to work in the early morning you probably won't really want to wait around for me. But if you want to and can make it to one or both of these, I appreciate the moral support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dottie... Please don't get to the Blue Horse first! My class will be over at 8pm so I won't be down until around 8:15. I really really hope I get to hear ya.

BTW, Conrad and April rock. I met them this summer. Good peeps. He's a great guitarist, too.

Dottie said...

I will be sure to show up a few minutes late. My little sis is coming and doesn't get off work till 8:00, so I definitely don't want to be on first. Thanks so much for coming!!