Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ode to My Boss

I have the greatest freakin' boss in the whole world.

He took me to lunch today after we ran an errand at the Columbia County Courthouse. Here is are some excerpts from our conversation:
________________________________________
Dan: How long have you been working here now?

Me: Well, Valentine's Day was my first day. So I guess I'm right at three months now.

Dan: I think it's time for a raise. We should sit down this week and talk about that.

Me: (look of disbelief) uh, ok. That'd be great.

a little later in the conversation. . .

Dan: So do you have any fun plans for the summer?

Me: Well, I think I'm gonna try to get out to California to visit my best friend.

Dan: Really? Tell me about your best friend.

Me: (insert praises of Sara and story of moving to Egypt)

Dan: Well, you can't move to California.

Me: That is definitely not happening (and at this point, I'm thinking he has forgotten that I am moving to NC and this makes me uncomfortable).

Dan: So when are you thinking of going?

Me: Oh, I don't know exactly. I'm flexible. It just really depends on getting a good price.

Dan: I might have some frequent flyer miles through the firm. Let me pay for your ticket.

Me: (Pick up jaw off the table).

Dan: How long are you going for?

Me: Well, I was thinking of taking maybe a Thursday, Friday, and a Monday off and having about 3 days there and 2 days for travel.

Dan: No. You have to have at least a week there. Take a full week off.

Me: (pinch myself to make sure that I am really awake and this isn't a dream).
________________________________________

I love my boss. I think I will get a tattoo saying as much.

I will miss this job when I go to North Carolina.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I may move back to Georgia- just to steal your boss!

Anonymous said...

What a gem of a boss. Hurry before we lose our great view!
Rosemary