Saturday, October 13, 2007

The First Week

I have officially been here in Chapel Hill for a week now. I have to say that it has not been easy for me. I also have to say that it could be much worse.
It has not been easy because (1) I still have no job, (2) I have very limited funds which prevents me from going out exploring because I will spend money, (3) I am homesick for friends and family, and (4) I am hug deprived.
It has not been that bad because (1) I am living with Rodger and Angela and they are wonderful, (2) I did have a call back on a job which gives me a little hope, (3) I found a coffee shop that I love, (4) I have taken up jogging as my new hobby, and (5) we had an unexpected visit last night from Andrew S. from our old church in Augusta.
Jogging has been fabulous. It helps me deal with stress, fight depression, and pass the time without spending money.
The coffee shop is The Open Eye Cafe. It is a happy reminder of two of my former favorite coffee shops. The ambiance and clientele remind me of the old Orwell's Cafe on Eighth Street. The coffee itself reminds me of Cafe Greko on Road Nine. I made this discovery last night and it really did somehow help the homesick feeling.

1 comment:

Jen! said...

Sounds like you are going through quite an adjustment period! I just started exercisng regularly 3 weeks ago and I cannot tell you how much it has helped my stress as well! Let's keep it up. :) And I hope you find a job soon. You rock.