Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Our State Fair

Our state fair is a great state fair
Don't miss it, don't even be late
It's dollars to donuts that our state fair
Is the best state fair in our state!

Last night Rodger, Angela, Chris, Carolina, and I went to the NC State Fair in Raleigh. (Chris and Carolina are a college couple who are a part of our little church family.) The highlights of the evening were deep fried coke (proof that you really can deep fry anything), elephant ears (something like a funnel cake, but not quite as good), pig racing (as well as goats and geese!), Chris and Carolina doing the rock climbing wall, posing for pictures with a UFO, and watching a blacksmith do a demonstration. It was fun and it was definitely good to get out of the house and socialize a little.
______________________________________
Also, I am super proud of myself for jogging over 6 miles today! I was jogging a track and at one point I lost count of which lap I was on so I either did 6.2 miles or 6.6 miles. Either way, I was shooting for 6 and I definitely got there. Yay for me! Now if I just wasn't eating crap like deep fried coke and elephant ears, I might be losing some weight too.

1 comment:

Jen! said...

Ooooo yum! I LOVE elephant ears! Rock on for hitting your 6 mile goal! i can only do 2 miles on an elyptical walker!!!!