Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Just When I Thought. . .

. . . I could relax a little about my employment/income situation (or lack there of), I take my car to have some maintenance work done. I knew I needed new tires. I knew my brakes needed work. So Phil from church graciously offered to have a look at my brakes (tomorrow) and see what he could do. I took my car to Tire Kingdom today to get three new tires. While they had my car, they called me up to let me know that my brakes were in bad shape and my CV axles were busted. It was already $250 for the tires and they wanted an additional $450 for the axles. YIKES! I opted for just the tires and called up another auto mechanic, who I knew to be fair and honest, about my CV axles. He quoted me $400 for the work. Still yikes, but every little bit helps.

Then I went to pick up my car from tire kingdom. Then the guy there asked me if I had the timing belt replaced recently, because if I had not had that done I shouldn't be spending all this money on axles and brakes and tires. So I called up the former owner and asked about the timing belt. Sure enough. . . it is time for that to be replaced too. So I called my mechanic back up and said forget the axles, let's do the timing belt. Still a $400 job.

So bye, bye to all the money I just received from my church family. But I sure am glad that they gave me the money so that I can have all this work done. It just means that I am back to my former state of freaking out about not having any income after tomorrow. Such is life. God will make a way.

1 comment:

myhomeco said...

I know auto mechanice, he can fix your car for 200 bucks only but he is in Egypt lol. and by the way, he will bring you 5 new tires not 3 ;P.....hehe
what kind of car do you have?