Friday, October 19, 2007

Temp Job

I have a job starting Monday! It is through the temp agency, but it is a temp to hire position. From my understanding, I would be a temp for the remainder of this year and then (hopefully) be hired at the beginning of next year.
The temp job is $12.25/hr. So that is good and right in the range of pay I was hoping for ($10-$15/hr). I think it is full-time, but I don't really have all the details yet. I would be working as a legal secretary for the County Attorney for Chatham County. And if I were to be hired as a permanent employee I would be earning between $36,500 and $40,000/year!!!! That is like a real job. That is like a job I might actually want to stick around Chapel Hill for quite sometime for. That is like a maybe-I-could-buy-a-house-sometime-in-this-lifetime type of job. That is like a you-can-definitely-afford-to-buy-a-car-that-was-built-in-the-last-ten-years kind of job.
I am trying to not get too excited, as it might turn out that they don't hire me. But in the meantime, it's a job and it's money. Yay!

3 comments:

Will said...

HURRAH!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Way to go, Dottie Wottie!
Heather :)

Jen! said...

Sweet!