Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Apartment

I looked at an apartment tonight. The place isn't fabulous with all the bells and whistles that one ideally hopes to find in a place, but it is a good size for me and in a good location for me and at a good price for me. The things I love about it are as follows:

1. I'll have an extra room for music room/office/extra room for visitors (SO FRIENDS HAVE TO COME VISIT ME!!!!)

2. The living room is big enough to host a small group.

3. The bedroom closet is gi-normous and will be spacious enough for my gi-normous wardrobe (I collect clothes as one of my hobbies).

4. The price is very reasonable.

Things I don't love are as follows:

1. The kitchen is teeny tiny.

2. No washer/dryer or hookups in the apartment. You have to use one in the basement of the building or go to the laundry mat. (But looking on the bright side, I may actually have a chance to meet people while I am doing my laundry.)

3. Carpet everywhere but the kitchen and bathroom. I am more a fan of hardwood floors or even tile. Plus, I don't currently own a vacuum. So that's gonna be one more expense.

4. It is on the third floor, which won't be a long term problem but it is gonna suck when I'm moving in.

I go in tomorrow to fill out paperwork at the complex. Pray that things go well. It would be so awesome to move into my own place as soon as I come back after the holidays. But if it doesn't work out, it is not the end of the world (although it might feel like it for a day or two).

4 comments:

Amie said...

I have a vaccum that I could give you.........let me know :) Amie

Dottie said...

Super! shoot me an email with your phone number and I'll give you a call over the holidays. I'm not totally certain this apartment will work out, but most likely it will! I'm sooooo excited!

My name is Dianna said...

sounds like fun! yay, where is it?

Dottie said...

CARRBORO!!!!