Sunday, December 16, 2007

Back From D.C.

The weekend was great. I went to D.C. to visit Esther. Esther has an adorable basement apartment in D.C. The weekend was spent catching up on each others lives, walking around D.C. in the freezing cold, playing scrabble, and watching a super-cheesy chick flick. Of course I didn't bring my camera, but Esther took some pictures and she should be sending some to me. So maybe I'll post some in a couple of days.
____________________________
Also, tonight was our Christmas service at Greenleaf. In some ways, our first Christmas service was something akin to the first Christmas itself. Now don't get me wrong, Jesus' birth was way more monumental than our little service. But Jesus' birth was humble and things didn't go the way I'm sure Mary and Joseph wanted or planned for. Similarly, our service was humble with only a small number of us meeting together. And things didn't go the way Rodger and Angela and I planned. Angela accidentally left her sermonette at home on the desk. Rodger forgot the communion bread, so we had to make a stop at the grocery store before church and that made us quite rushed to get to church on time. I had a special song in the service that was supposed to be me and the two kids singing, but one of the two kids got stage fright so it was just me and the other child. And the room that was supposed to be left unlocked for us to meet in was locked and we couldn't get in. So we met in the lobby of the building. In the end, it all came together and was just fine. Nothing big and fancy, nothing that gave the appearence of being monumental or important, but hopefully God was honored through it all. Hopefully, God looked lovingly down on our humble little service and smiled.

1 comment:

My name is Dianna said...

glad you had a good trip. I know that God was honored because you perservered, you were determined to have the moment for God--so boo on you, Satan.

See you soon:)