Friday, January 04, 2008

Apartment Frustration

I am frustrated with the lady who is handling my credit/rental history for getting this apartment in Carrboro. If I get this place, I will be taking over the lease for a guy who is moving out of the country. So when I went in on December 19th to give her all my paper work and references and what not, she knew that this whole process was time sensitive. I will give her that the Christmas/New Year holiday was just around the corner, but nevertheless she said that she would have all the work done by Thursday of last week. I am not pushy and were it just a matter of me getting an apartment I probably would just wait patiently and never say a word to this lady. But the poor guy who is trying to be sure he isn't breaking his lease before he leaves the country is stressing out, and understandably so. So yesterday I called her up to find out the status and what was still needing to happen. She still needed to speak with two of my references and there was also some sort of information she needed from the payroll headquarters from my employment. There isn't much I can do about the payroll stuff, I really just have to leave that to her. But I emailed the two references with her contact info and asked them to contact her as soon as they could. Response from reference number 1: "today was the first time she called me; I missed her call and I tried to call back twice, but I haven't been able to reach her". Response from reference number two: "she called twice before, but never left her name or what organization she was with in her message, so I figured she had the wrong number; today she called and actually left a name; I called her back twice before actually speaking to her, then she asked for the rental information for somebody else entirely; I told her I never even met that person and then suggested that perhaps she needed the rental history for Dottie Lee; this apparently threw her off completely and she said she would call me back." At this point in time, I'm not sure if she has cleared everything up in her mind and gotten back with my references, but I am so frustrated.

2 comments:

patrick | steed said...

punch her in the FACE.

no, don't do that.

OOH LET ME DO IT.

nevermind.

Dottie said...

I called back today to check in with her and see if she had spoken to my references.
She told me that they called her back, but someone was in line in front of her so she couldn't speak with them.
WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT!!!!????
Anyhow, she said she was calling them back today. Sigh.