Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope it is a good one for you! I am feeling more positive about this time with my family than I did before. Yes, I am surrounded by three depressed women. Post-pardum (is that how you spell it?) syndrome, empty-nest syndrome, financial stress, physical illness. . . they all have their reasons for not feeling up to this whole Christmas/dealing with issues thing. But these are three women that I love more than life itself and I would do anything to make them happy. I'm not sure if I can do anything to really make them happy, but I can at least try. Today I refuse to give into the negativity which grabbed hold of me yesterday.
In other news, jet lag has finally caught up to me. For the first two and a half days I experienced no jet lag and thought that I must have just lucked out. But last night sleep hit me at around 7:oo pm, though I managed to make myself stay awake till about 11:30. And now it is 4:30am and I am wide awake. I am normally an early riser, but this is ridiculous. However this is my traditional time for waking up on Christmas morning. When I was a kid I got so excited about my presents that I would wake up at 4:00 in the morning and then sit at the top of the stairs for about an hour and a half. Then at around 5:30, when I figured the rest of my lazy bum family should be up, I would wake up my siblings and then we would all wait at the top of the stairs for mom and dad to give us the sign that it is ok to come down. Now my playmates have grown up. There is no one to wake up here except the cat and dog. So instead I blog. I'll blog and then do some cleaning. Why not.

4 comments:

WoundedHealer said...

Merry Christmas Dottie. I hope that we can see you tonight at the service. We miss you so much.

Pete

Dottie said...

I wish I could be there Pete, but my family is going to visit my brother and spend the night in Columbia tonight. I'll be here for three weeks though. So if your schedule isn't too packed, maybe I could meet you and Jen for lunch or dinner sometime soon. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Stinky! How was life in our apt? Things here are good although we havent yet seen any snow. Anyways I hope u have a fabulous day! Love, Esther

Dottie said...

Our apartment is wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed my time there before I left. I got a good chunk of the cleaning, sorting, and organizing out of the way. I left a big list on the coffee table explaining everything. Hope you like my decorating, but feel free to change things up if you have other ideas. See ya soon! Have a happy New Year!