Thursday, May 18, 2006

Marble Jar Madness

Tonight is the End of the Year Marble Jar Party. What's that you say? Well it is the much looked forward to party for every primary student at MCS. It is the final "good work" party for the students, which includes a swimming pool, games, pizza, sweets, a movie (Daddy Daycare), sleeping over with all their classmates at the school, pancakes in the morning, and an all around good time.
So far, so good. Heather (the Grade 2 teacher) and I have sucessfully completed all the evening activities and now the kids are seemingly sound asleep on the library floor. I had crashed by 10:00/10:30ish too. But after the necessary 5 hours of sleep I require to function, my body suddenly realized how uncomfortable sleeping on the library floor really is. After that, I tried to fall asleep for what seemed like ages, but was probably only 30 minutes. Then I hit the computer lab to check email, blog, check flight prices, etc. So just the morning left to go. Yay! And I have to say, the group of kids we have for this party is so good that the party has been fun for the teachers too (well mostly fun, sleeping on the floor could scarcely ever be considered fun).

No comments: