Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Somebody Visit Me. . . Pretty Please

Well, I tried my best to get my parents to come and visit me here in Egypt before I return to Georgia at the end of the summer. They thought about it. I even tempted them with the idea of stopping somewhere in Europe for a few days on the way home. They sounded interested. But the answer came yesterday in an email that they are a no go for any trips this summer. I am trying to handle my disappointment in a mature, adult-like manner. But in the back of my head, the immature, selfish me keeps nagging saying,'how come mom has the money to travel here, there and everywhere for Mary Kay and to visit this friend or that friend or to see her sister, but she cannot possibly save up the money to come and see me?' I will grant you that her other trips are all within the Fifty Nifty United States and, therefore, much less expensive(at most, probably half the price). But she takes these trips quite a bit. They add up. But I know I am being unreasonable. Really I am. My parents are constantly bad with money (a trait which was passed on to yours truly). So I should applaud their sensible decision to look at their finances and be wiser with their money. Sigh. That is the mature, adult-like thing to do.
But parents or no parents, I AM GOING TO EUROPE THIS SUMMER! After I tempted them with the idea, I got hooked. I'll either be in Germany, Italy, or France. We shall see. Tickets should be bought at the end of this month. I am excited!
I really wanted a visitor though. So if any of you Augustans are interested in visiting Egypt. . . COME!!!!! This is a great opportunity! You could have a free place to stay, someone to show you around, someone to pick you up from the airport, someone who would be so happy to have a visitor that you would automatically be bumped up to at least my top ten favorite people list! Not that that would have any bearing in the real world, but humor me.
So there it is, I have begged and pleaded with you all. Now when I come back to Augusta with all these great stories of how much I love Egypt and how wonderful it is, you will have no one to kick but yourself if you don't come and visit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dottie,
Maybe they'll get a job and stay.
Rosemary

Veronica Leaptrott said...

I would love to come and visit but am preparing for a trip to Japan in November and a trip to China the following May/June. I look forward to seeing you at the end of summer

Jen! said...

Wish I could! See you soon!