Saturday, October 28, 2006

Coffee and Internet!!! Is it my birthday or something?

Today is the first day I have had all to myself in about two and a half weeks. No work. No commitments or obligations. Just me getting to decide moment by moment what it is that I feel like doing. Oh sure, I could be working on my house (Lord knows I could be working on that everyday for the next year). I did also remember that my church was doing an outreach this morning, but I just remembered that about five minutes ago and I think they have already started like an hour and a half ago. So I am here at R. Gabriels enjoying a coffee, a cinnamon scone and internet access thanks to my mom's lap top and R. Gabriels wireless connection.
I don't have much to blog about, since it seems that I do nothing but work these days. Maybe I should give you all an update on my new job, but I don't feel like talking about work right now. But one thing I do feel like talking about is autumn. I love this time of year in Georgia. The weather is flawless. The days are a perfect combination of sunshine and breezes. The evenings are cool, but not too cold to keep you from taking a nice walk around downtown or on the riverwalk (just remember your jacket!). Occasionally, there is the rainy day (like yesterday), but even that is poetic for me. I just get inspired to curl up on my sofa with a warm blanket, a hot chocolate and my cross word puzzles. Sigh. Everday should be autumn or spring.
On a completely unrelated subject, I apologize if you have tried to reach me over the last two or three days. I am living in two houses that are about 20 minutes away from each other. My phone charger was at the house that I haven't been to since Wednesday. So the phone has been dead since Thursday afternoon. But it is charging as I type and I should be in contact with the rest of the world sometime very soon.
Well, that's about that. I am going to see if I can brainstorm up an idea for a Halloween costume. I think I am going to a party tonight. Yay! I love dressing up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie, Debbie in Cairo here - today was the first day that I even thought of putting a light sweater on Savanna - it's finally getting chilly!!!

Anonymous said...

Dottie, I saw this and thought of you, our dear lunch lady.

Please tell me you have a coworker that looks JUST like her.

Dottie said...

Alas, I am the lone lunch lady at the daycare/preschool. Maybe someday I can aspire to fully embody the "lunch lady" look. Someday.