Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Real Life Farckle

About a month ago my home group had a fun night. We played two games: Cranium and Farckle. Farckle is a dice game. It is a game based on how much of a risk taker you are. It is a game of chance. You may take a risk and win big or take a risk and end up with nothing at all. You can play more conservatively, but it is unlikely that you will be the winner. Usually conservative players come in somewhere in the middle at the end of the game. Whereas the risk-takers occupy the winning and losing slots.
This week I feel like I am in real life Farckle. I have been on a job hunt for about two months now. At the end of last week I was offered a job at a place that was not my first choice of places to work. It's not the type of job I want to do. The pay would be not so hot. The hours would be part-time. But on the other hand it wouldn't be a bad place to work, just not my first choice. I told the girl I would get back to her, as I was still interviewing at a few more places. So Monday I interviewed at a preschool, which is a job I am really interested in. The interview went well, just one hitch. The hours they needed someone to work interfere with the job I already have tutoring. However, she did know of another position open at one of the daycare's other locations. So she faxed my resume to the other location and the director there told me a little more about the job. The job is basically as the daycare lunch lady. The daycare is all the way out in Grovetown. I know it is probably not going to pay much. The only really good thing about this job is that the hours they need are perfect for me. The only other thing that keeps this job on the table for me is that it might open a door for me to work in an actual classroom as a sub and maybe even as a teacher. I interview with them tomorrow. Also I put in an application at Norrell Staffing today, because I know that Club Car has positions open. The good thing about club car: it's better pay than the other places, it would be fulltime, the hours would work well for me and I would get to work with Pat (possibly the most fun and exciting thing about this job). The bad things about club car: test driving golf carts will be boring beyond belief and it has absolutely nothing to do with education and will therefore not add much to the resume I am trying to build. The other thing about club car is that it is not a done deal. Norrell told me to call back in a few days to check up with them. So what if I wait a few days and lose my other two job opportunities and then Club Car doesn't even want me! Then it's back to the drawing board. Or should I play it safe and settle for one of the other two jobs I won't really like and that pay squat? I dont' know what to do. I just know I need a job real bad.

No comments: