Tuesday, October 31, 2006

yuppieville

Sitting at the metro, sipping coffee, typing on my laptop and talking on my cell phone. I am a yuppy. But it's cool. I'm avoiding my house in the ghetto and all the little gangsta trick-or-treaters. So I thought I'd borrow my mom's laptop and go to one of my happy places (that is any place that has coffee and free wireless connection).
I've been missing Egypt quite a bit lately. Today at my parent's house I swear I heard the call to prayer. Nearly everyday I close my eyes at least once and I'm in Dahab again. I see it like I am there still. I'm in a hammock on the beach just taking it all in. The Red Sea. The Sinia Mountians. Saudi Arabia. I have to go back. Maybe it's not gonna be soon. Well, honestly it isn't gonna be soon. But I will go back. Perhaps it will just be a visit. Perhaps it will be more than a visit. But I have to go back. . . that is all I know. The only fear is that it will never be the same for me. Of course it wont't be the same when I go back. Of all the old friends I had there, very few of them will still be there by the time I make it back. But will I be able to handle the changes? Will I love Egypt reguardless? Don't know. Only time can tell I suppose.

1 comment:

patrick | steed said...

yuppie is spelled with an "ie." thanks for calling me at 4000 o'clock. it's nice! :)

hammocks are the best. i want one. SOMEBODY took the one down out of their house, but i won't name any names (glaring at the Weenie).