Monday, October 02, 2006

The Truth About Being a Woman

The truth about being a woman is that for two weeks of every month aliens invade your mind.
The truth about being a woman is that you spend half of your life feeling like you are not yourself.
The truth about being a woman is that you will spend so much energy fighting mental battles that you may be left with little energy or will power to do much else.
The truth about being a woman is that you feel like you have to hold your breath and pray that you can just keep it all together until the "aliens" leave.

Sometimes I hate hormones. They are the enemy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you shared this with the whole Internet.

It lessens the awkwardness from when you shared it with me yesterday. :)

Also: you rock!

Dottie said...

sorry I made you feel awkward the other day.

Also: I don't really feel like I rock right now, but thanks anyhow.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dottie, Debbie here from Cairo - I know exactly what you mean, and I'm going through it right now - it was nice to see it so aptly described.


Savanna talks of you all the time!!

Dottie said...

Awww!!! I miss you guys!!! Give Savanna a hug for me!