Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Curse Continues

I have this unnatural way of drawing weirdos to me. It's like some kind of magnetic force or gravitational pull. I didn't notice it so much when I was in Cairo because everything around me seemed a little bit strange and you really come to expect the unexpected there. But now that I'm back in Augusta and back in my "normal" settings, I realized today that I have still not lost my touch.

Today I went to Walmart to shop for a mini-trampoline. Whilst browsing the sporting goods aisles, I noticed an old man staring at me. Now this man truly was old. Not like just kind of older than me, we are talking like 75+ years old. So I politely smile at him and say hello. He says hello and asks me if I am married. I say no. He starts to say something more, but I cut him off and said that I didn't really want to be married either. Then he says, "oh, ok" and walks off. Now, I just hope and pray that the man was out bride hunting for his grandson or even his son would be not all that weird. But if this little old man is going to walmart to pick up chicks, that is just all too scary and hilarious at the same time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started to post this in the section where you were lamenting about your employment and financial situation.

This post seemed a bit more appropriate somehow...

As you are reading this, the Holy Spirit is descending upon you with an annointing of grace and favor for your financial and employmnet future. This annointing is also removing unseen hindrances to your seeing his deep love for you and this annointing is also enlightening your understanding that He is deeply interested in the details of your life.
All of this is happening for one reason. The love of Christ and that same love which motivated him to pay our debt with his precious blood.

I get the impression that you are being renewed with hope in the brightness of your future.

...your future is indeed bright.

Peace,

In Jesus Name

Anonymous said...

I love American.
Rosemary