Friday, November 10, 2006

4:21am

It's 4:21am and I can't sleep. I woke up around 12:30am a little upset because my sister had brought someone in our house and they were being loud and they woke me up. So then I laid there for the next hour trying to sleep and sort of drifting in and out of consciousness. Eventually, I was awoke again by the sound of the tv downstairs. My sister's company had left, pressumably. So instead of going to bed, she put on a dvd. Girl Interupted. So it wasn't even a nice quiet peaceful happy sort of movie that one would want to fall asleep to. No, this movie is full of people screaming and being generally psychotic. So I gave up on just falling asleep and picked up my crossword puzzles. They usually can wear me out enough mentally that I just fall asleep. But not tonight. After solving an entire crossword puzzle, I tiptoed downstairs to find my sis sound asleep on the sofa. I turned off the dvd, but still knew that I would not be able to sleep even now that it was peaceful. Once I am awake, I am awake and that's all there is to it. So after 2 and a half hours of being awake, sleep was just not gonna happen. So I worked on my room for about an hour. Then I got in the car and went over to my parent's house to have some internet time. So here I am.
It's 4:31am and I can't sleep and it would be pointless to even try at this point. I would just be falling asleep only to wake up again.

No comments: