Saturday, November 18, 2006

Week of the Ucks, the Dumb Ucks

This week at some point, my bosses both at the daycare and at the tutoring agency have let me know in one way or another that there is something lacking in my work. And that just kills me. Sure I need to know if I am making mistakes, but I tend to always take critisism so personally.
On the bright side of things, I don't think my "mistakes" were that huge. At one job I think the only problem that my boss had was that she didn't think I was friendly enough. Mind you, not to the parents or children at the daycare, but to her. She had got it in her head that I was upset with her for some unknown reason. Bizarre. At the other job the mistakes pointed out were small deviations I have made from procedure and (hopefully) it's not that big of an issue. But I am worried about it. If it turns out that they are really unhappy with my work and I lose that job. . . I might just die. Sure, it is not my main source of income. Though it is good money for the hours put in, I only work at that job about 9hrs/week. But the point is that I love that job. I really enjoy that job. I can't really say the same about my other job. I don't hate my other job and I have certainly had worse jobs in the past, but I must confess that my heart is not in heating up pre-cooked corndog nuggets. So I do that job everyday just for the sake of working and making money, but my part-time job is my heart. I love working one-on-one with students. I love watching those students, most of whom are struggling academically, actually feel good about their work and their achievements. I love building relationships with the families of those students. I love, love, love that job. So I hope that I am just worrying all for naught. I hope I am over-reacting.

p.s. 10 points for anyone who can name the movie referenced in this post's title. Hint: musical.

No comments: