Sunday, March 11, 2007

Road Trip to Chapel Hill

This weekend I went to Chapel Hill with Rodger and Angela. It was good. We met with other Vineyard pastors from various parts of NC on Friday night. So we made some friends there and had a good time. Saturday we picked up our P.O. Box key, wandered around, looked at possible homes, almost got a parking ticket, randomly ran into Angela's cousin, and then had dinner with a family that is interested in potentially being part of our church when we get up there and the ball gets rolling. Sunday morning we went to another Vineyard church plant that is about 45 minutes away from where we will be planting. Then we headed home.
My thoughts are that I can see myself in the Chapel Hill/Carrborough/Durham area. The area is an iteresting mix of students, hippies, and old southern money. I can mix and mingle pretty well with at least 2 out of those 3 groups, so that's not a bad ratio. I'm feeling more and more excited about this next step in life. For those of you who pray. . . I'm unabashedly asking for prayer for a few things: (1) a car (preferably something I can buy outright and not make payments on), (2) a good job in the Chapel Hill area, and (3) either a roommate to share living expenses with or enough money to totally live on my own and pay off student loans.

5 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

sounds like y'all had fun. i can't wait to visit and see that it fits us, too. have a good day. i am hoping to come tomorrow, we will see!

patrick | steed said...

isn't chapel hill awesome? i think you will love carrboro. that place rules.

sorry i can't come tonight. i have kinship. break a leg!

Dottie said...

Yes, Carrboro is the place for me I think. I have my heart set on living there. We shall see it all works out though.
I'll miss you tonight, Pat. Wish you would be there. Hopefully, I'll see you there, Dianna.

My name is Dianna said...

i am sorry i did not make it last night. i got the kids to bed and finished up some laundry and the kitchen.... then i made the fatal mistake... i sat down. i wanted to come so bad, but once i sat down there was no going back (or going anywhere, and while i was doing my marathon clean, mike fell asleep on the couch). sorry, hopefully you will play again soon.

Jen! said...

I am so excited for you! I think it will be great. And if we're ever in the area, we have a church to go to! :)