Monday, April 09, 2007

A Reminder and a Fun Story

A reminder that I'm playing at the Mission this Wednesday around 10:00pm. I'll be doing about a half hour set and then I'll be followed by Joe Stevenson. So come out and see me if you can make it. I'd love to sit and have a beer with you before/after I play.

It's been awhile since I found myself in some sort of humorous situation. So I laughed about this one for like a half hour after it happened. I love it when that happens.

Tonight I had plans to go over to my friends Jason and Faith's house to watch a movie. So after I got off work I flipped open my cell phone and searched my contacts for their number. So I get to Jason's number and hit "talk". Conversation is as follows:
Jason: Hey there little lady!
Me: Hey! How are you?
Jason: Great! What's up?
Me: Jason? Is that you?
Jason: Sure it's me. Who else would it be?
Me: I don't know, but your voice sounds different.
Jason: I'm sorry, but it really is me.
Me: Ok, sorry. I just need directions to your house. I've been there before, but I don't remember how to get there.

(Silence. Crickets chirp.)

Jason: Ummmm. Why do you need directions to my house?
Me: [Gasp] (Suddenly I realize I called the wrong Jason and I am actually speaking to the guy that manages the Mission, not my friend from church.) [Wheezy, asthmatic laugh] Oh my god, I am so sorry! I called the wrong Jason. [more wheezing, pathetic, asthmatic laughter]
Jason: [lovely, normal churckle] Oh that's alright!
Me: I'm really sorry. But anyhow, I'll see you on Wednesday night, not at your house.
Jason: Yes. Oh and uh, have fun with that other Jason tonight. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
Me: Alright, bye.
Jason: See ya later.

That conversation had me chuckling to myself for the next half hour. Well, honestly I'm still chuckling about it. I love it when silly, stupid things like that just brighten your day a little bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your story, love when things like that happen.