Sunday, April 22, 2007

Three Ways to Feel Inadequate as a Woman

1. Let other people throw your sister's baby shower, because you know you suck at those sorts of things.

2. Attend a baby shower as an absolutely, 100% single woman with no children.

3. Endure looks of pity from friends and co-worker's, while they "sympathetically" tell you that there is someone out there for you and you will find him someday and you shouldn't feel bad because you're not a mother. (Don't even get me started on how infuriating this is).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dottie-
you really need to get out of the south..i promise the rest of the country is not like that until your mid thirties :)
~sara

Dottie said...

Sweet! Then I would have at least like 7 or 8 more years!

Will said...

Bah! I like my Dottie just the way she is. I think you rock.

Anonymous said...

Just remember, you don't have to get a babysitter in order to go to the shower and you don't have to go home at a certain time because you don't have kids. Also, you don't have to feel uncomfortable like the mother to be.
And Sara, I hope you didn't write the previous comment.

Dottie said...

Sara's not 28 yet, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't her. Unless it was a prophetic word.

Anonymous said...

Yup, or have your married friends with new babies tell you to "count your blessings" because you can get a full eight hours of sleep. I would trade places if I had a choice!
Or have your opinion about children disregarded simply because you are not a mother. Never mind that you spend 6 hours every day with THEIR kids!!
Or...I could go on. And on, and on and on...
But, most people don't MEAN to be insensitive or cruel, or even thoughtless. And we're all in need of grace, right? So bring on the grace!

Love ya, Dottie! I think you are more than adequate!!!!!
Heather :)