Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Year Ago

Everybody has at least one event or memory that will stay with them for their whole life. Most of us probably have more than one, I guess.

One such memory, for me, happened a year ago today.

My experience in Dahab, Egypt left me a little more grateful for the gifts of life and community. My heart still breaks for those who lost family and/or friends.

To all my friends still in Cairo: Please do something for me. Go to Dahab and lay in the sun and snorkel and smoke sheesha and scuba dive and feed a stray cat and drink rediculously good fruit drinks and tell Dahab that I love it and I miss it terribly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dottie,

I just sit at the school and have a littel break before I have to go back to the classroom... I was thinking about Dahab as well these days (haven't been back since), but will in the summer. Thank you for you lovely and long email the other day. Will answer as soon as I find the time to.
You are not forgotten here at the school. Just the other day, Danny asked about you!
Love from Cairo
Dorothee

Dottie said...

Really?????? Danny???????!!!! Be still my heart. That absolutely makes my day!