Sunday, July 29, 2007

All the Mixed Emotions

Today I am just a big emotional time bomb. Emotions, emotions, emotions. Does anybody rememer that song "I Enjoy Being a Girl" from that old musical Flower Drum Song? Well, it is high time somebody wrote about how they don't enjoy being a girl. Here are a few alternate titles:
1. I Loathe and Despise Being a Girl
2. I Enjoy Being a Girl Approximately One Weekend Per Month
3. I Enjoy Being an Emotionally Unstable, Semi-psychotic Nut Job aka Girl
4. I'd Enjoy Being a Girl Were It Not for the Whole Having to Live With Myself Thing
5. I'd Enjoy a Break From Being a Girl

Anyhow. . .

Rodger and Angela weren't at church today. They moved yesterday. I looked around our little church building and I saw many faces. Some of these were faces I hardly knew, some I had known for sometime, and some were faces of my own family members. But despite all the many connections I have with many of the wonderful people there, I knew that this was just not my church home anymore. It was a reassuring feeling and an uncomfortable feeling. Reassuring that in my heart of hearts I knew that the decision I made to go to Chapel Hill is one that I am at peace with and excited about. Uncomfortable because I still do not have a definite departure date or a job or living arrangements or so many other "details" worked out.

Today I also found out that there is a chance my brother and his family might be moving back to Augusta in the not-too-distant future. Break my heart why don't you. He comes just as I go. Why couldn't the timing be different? Why couldn't he have come back a year ago? I miss my brother sooooooo much.

No comments: