Thursday, July 05, 2007

Top 10 List

Sara and I did some brainstorming the other night and came up with a scategories sheet full of terrible ways to propose to someone. In no particular order, here are a few for your enjoyment.

1. Begin the proposal with "My therapist says. . ."

2. Tell your parents that you are already engaged, then invite the uninformed guy over for lunch with you and your parents.

3. Stand up at church and announce that you are pregnant with ______'s baby (even though you aren't), but you want to make the situation right so you are asking him to marry you.

4. "All my life I've been abused by men. You are the first guy I feel safe around. Will you marry me?"

5. Inform the guy that you are actually an illegal alien and you are trying to get your green card. Go on to say that since you figured that no one else would ever want to marry him, he should be a good friend and marry you.

6. Tell the guy that you were torn between him and another guy. The other guy was superior to him in almost every way. But since he has a higher earning potential than the other guy, you want to marry him.

7. Tell him that his freinds begged you to propose to him.

8. Begin proposal with "This is probably the drugs talking, but. . . "

9. Tell him you were very conflicted about getting married to him. But then you said to yourself "why not? There's always divorce."

10. Tell him it was a word from God.

7 comments:

Will said...

That's some funny, funny stuff.

I used number 1, 4, 6, 7, and 10 on Sarah.

Dottie said...

That is fabulous.

Amie said...

LOL that is awesome.....next time I see you ask me how Jonathon proposed to me....it is to embarassing to announce publicly.

Anonymous said...

You should stay away from that weird Sara girl. I've heard she comes from a very corrupt family.

Anonymous said...

p.s. whatever you do don't play church bingo with her. She always wins.

Dottie said...

Sara's friend Shannon came up with another good one to add to the list.

11. "Your mom really wants grandkids so she mailed me a sizeable check and told me to marry you."

Mike L. said...

one more...

Tell him after much deliberation, you decided that size didn't matter that much.